Yale Medicine (YM) is one of the largest academic multispecialty group practices in the United States. Our physicians are the clinical faculty for the Yale School of Medicine (YSM). We have:
- Over 1,400 practicing physicians
- More than 100 specialties and subspecialties
- 24/7 on-site and on-call coverage for numerous services
- A reputation as a major referral center for Greater New Haven, Connecticut, and New England
How we Work
We provide compassionate, individualized care to both adult and pediatric patients in a comfortable, professional environment. We listen carefully and provide explanations and answers while encouraging patients to participate in all medical decisions. We work in teams with specially trained nurses, social workers, technologists and other caregivers to support patients and family members before, during and after their visits.
The Benefits of an Academic Medical Center
There are many benefits to receiving your care at an Academic Medical Center. As faculty at Yale School of Medicine, we are innovators and researchers, constantly seeking out better treatments for our patients. Many of us are national and international leaders in our fields, providing the most advanced diagnostic and therapeutic approaches and using the most advanced technology.
We advance medicine for the good of our patients, colleagues and community.
We deliver exceptional medical care in a nurturing environment to each of our patients, every day.
- Innovative: We translate leading scientific research into medical practice.
- Human: We treat people, not just conditions.
- Collaborative: We nurture health together, giving care the time and attention it deserves.
- Inquisitive: We’re smart enough to know that we can always know more.
- Passionate: We bring our best every day; it’s not just what we do, it’s who we are.
- Essence: At Yale Medicine, we work together to achieve the best care possible.
- The needs of our patients are our highest priority
- We provide medical care of exceptional quality
- We protect the safety and well-being of those entrusted to our care
- We treat our patients, their families and our colleagues with kindness and respect